samedi 2 mars 2019

Best Low Carb Waffles Recipe



Every now and then I pull out my waffle maker and make the kids a big old batch of waffles.  It is so awesome that I can make these for myself at the same time.

Keto Waffles with no nut flours, is it possible?




These low carb waffles are not only low carb, they are practically no carb!  There are no fancy ingredients like coconut flour or ground up this and that.

And this is way cheaper and easier and healthier than a low carb waffle mix.

All you need is eggs and cream cheese!  Honestly, that is it.  Plus whatever you want to top it with.

They can be made in advance and then popped in the toaster to make them crispy.  You could also use the waffles as bread to hold a fried egg sandwich or a low carb BLT.



The idea originated from the famous cream cheese pancake recipe on this blog.  I have modified that recipe for all kinds of things and I just find it simpler than using a premade low carb pancake mix.


Those never taste very good anyways and have so many ingredients we don’t need

Low Carb Waffles Recipe

Ingredients

2 eggs
2 ounces cream cheese (from a brick)  OR 2 tbsp mayo if you are trying to cut back on cheese
toppings of choice (butter, sugar free syrup)
Directions

In your blender or Magic Bullet, toss in the eggs and cream cheese.  I didn’t bother to bring anything to room temperature.

Blend the eggs and cream cheese until you get a thin and bubbly batter

You will need to let the batter rest for a few moments.  This is when I get out the waffle maker and preheat it for 5 minutes.
NOTE: To make these fluffy like in my picture at the top, blend everything except for the egg whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then gently fold the egg whites into the mixture that you have blended.  It’s more work so I rarely do it, but there it is!
Once the waffle maker is hot, pour the entire batch into the waffle maker.  This will of course depend on the size, I have a big cuisinart waffle maker.  If your waffle maker is small, adjust accordingly.
Close the lid and wait until you no longer see any steam (about 5 minutes).
Put on a plate and top them up!

Tips and Tricks for this Low carb waffle recipe

They won’t come out crispy like regular waffles.  However, they crisp up very nicely in my toaster oven, so you can make lots of these in advance and toast them as you need them.
That said, there is a way to make them a little crispier. Substitute 1 ounce of the cream cheese for 1 tbsp melted coconut oil. This bit of extra crispiness is only noticeable when eaten fresh from the waffle maker.
These make a great low carb or Keto dessert like my Raspberry Crepes  , top them with berries and unsweetened whip cream.
If you are following the Egg Fast, you can use these as bread for fried egg sandwiches or even make grilled cheese sandwiches.  See Egg Fast Menu Day 2.
For the Egg Fast, the entire recipe counts as 2 eggs and 2 ounces cheese (or 2 tbsp fat if you substituted mayo for the cream cheese).  I found 1/2 the recipe to be very filling once I topped it with butter!

What toppings can I use on these Keto Waffles?
Oh the possibilities!  I have already mentioned a few of my favorites:

Butter and any type of sugar free syrup
Sugar free chocolate chips
A few berries and whipped cream
Cinnamon and granulated erythritol
When doing the egg fast, the topping I usually make is simply this:  I slightly melt 1 tbsp butter in a dish.  Stir in 1 teaspoon of sugar free salted caramel syrup and drizzle over top the waffles.  Heavenly!

Why do I think this is the Best Low Carb Waffles Recipe?

The recipe has only 2 ingredients!
Fast and simple to make.
Can be used for savory recipes as well as sweet desserts.
The only carbs are the very low carbs in eggs and cream cheese (and whatever you top them with)
No weird ingredients!
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
source:https://ketogenicwoman.com/best-low-carb-waffles-recipe/

Save this Low Carb waffle recipe to Pinterest below:


2 commentaires:

  1. Please remove my images and my recipe from your site. These are stolen and I am reporting you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. When you copy and paste other people's recipes and use their images you need to provide a link back to the original site. I see you have copied many recipes here, not just mine. It's only a matter of time before this whole site is shut down. So what you should do before it is too late, is put a clickable dofollow link into all these recipes that leads back to the source.

    RépondreSupprimer